UniPath operates the top histology laboratory in the Rocky Mountain Region supporting several active hospitals and surgery centers in the metro Denver area, and a broad swath of physician offices. Becasue of this diversity, our pathologists and laboratory technical operation have experience with routine biopsies as well as highly complex cases involving virtually every organ and specimen type. Our histology laboratory employs highly trained histotechnologists and is equipped with the latest technology platforms.
As an example of our technological leadership, in 2009, we introduced Sakura Rapid Tissue Express rapid tissue processors that allow for same-day TATs in select cases. As another example, in 2010, we were the first laboratory in Colorado to implement a barcode-based, laboratory workflow management software that offers positive chain of custody control and patient identification. This is a barcode-based workflow system that spans all major processing stages providing real-time specimen tracking.
Department of Surgical Pathology
Contact Client Services
Summary of Services
- Experience with virtually all organ and specimen types
- Rapid TATs: same day (for some specimens) or next day
- Extensive immunohistochemical, immunofluorescent and special stain library with over 140 antibodies/panels
- Extensive QA/QC on technical processing; dedicated Director of Quality position
- Innovative, highly informative diagnostic reports that go above what has been the industry norm
- Customizable service to the desires of the client
- Web ordering and reporting
- Advanced connectivity and reporting tools, including EMR Interfaces
| Back to Top |